Academic changes in 2022


This is my fourth year studying journalism and with the time I noticed a few things that I'd like to change in the study programme.  

In my first year,  I didn't know about the curriculum and, for this reason, I was suprised to see the number of  theoretical subjects. I belived that journalis was better learned in a practical way, but I understood that is necessary an academic perspective to really understand the importance of communication. Nevertheless, there are so many theoretical signatures that can be better exploited. I think that if  the methodologies of learning and evaluation were changed, the subjects would be lees tedious and more attractive to students. 

Another thing that I'd like to change are the electives. Sometimes the students choose a elective only to complete the credits and no for real interest. Also, many times the course quotas are insufficient to all the studentes. For this reason, the programme should add new options, more diverse and current to assure quality teaching and learning. 

About the workload, I think that there is much to do in this area like define the workload according to the credits in the subject or offer more access to psycological support. The workload needs to be regulated, because usually the evaluations are scheduled in the same week or day, and that's horrible for us and our mental health. 

Also, I'd like to improve somethings relating to the infrastructure, primarily of the classrooms and bathrooms which present problems like broken roofs and lack of hygiene products. In terms of the material resources available, I think is nedeed more licenses and tools that help us understand and work. 





Comentarios

  1. Totally agree with the fact that a lot of times we are forced to take a elective only for the credits, and the sistem that a lot of times doesn´t gives you the few electives that you may have interest in doesn´t help.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A PHOTOGRAPH YOU LIKE

The best concert ever

A country I would like to visit!